Re: Columbia's safety margins misread, expert tells panel

In the message Arthur - N1ORC sent on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:25 AM
it said:
Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:25 AM
> Because foam had dislodged on four previous missions and those shuttles
> had successfully returned, ...

I don't believe I have heard anyone explain why it is that foam falls off
the fuel tank during launch.
I assume it's like the polyuerathane foam on my domestic hot water cylinder.
That seems to be stuck quite firmly.
Can anyone explain ?

73
Hugh  G6TMK