Instructions for Uploading Images and Video to the Columbia Accident

Instructions for Uploading Images and Video Related to the Columbia
Accident
For anyone who has recorded video or taken photos that they believe may
be of aid in the investigation of the Space Shuttle Columbia accident,
NASA has established a special location on the Web where Internet users
may upload their media files to be reviewed by NASA.

Using the FTP method of your choice, log on to the server 38.201.67.72 as
"anonymous," using your e-mail address as your password.

Example:
User ID: anonymous
Password: john_doe@hotmail.com

Along with any image or video file that you wish to upload, please
include a text file containing your name and a detailed description of
the time and location at which the image or video was taken.

Example:
I, John Doe, recorded this video in my front yard at 1111 My Street in
Nacogdoches, Texas, at 7:55 a.m. on the morning of Saturday, Feb. 1,
2003.

Please be sure that your media file and your text file conform to the
following naming convention: your first and last name, an underscore, the
date the files are being uploaded, another underscore and the time the
files are being uploaded. Other than the file extension (.jpg, .txt,
.rm), the names of the two files you upload should be the same.

Example:
Image file: johndoe_020203_0415pm.jpg
or
Video file: johndoe_020203_0415pm.rm
and
Text file: johndoe_020203_0415pm.txt

Then, upload your media and text files.

Please note that files contained on this site are not listable.
Therefore, users will not be able to view any files uploaded to the
server, including their own.

If you have any problems uploading your files, please e-mail Mike
Koester.