Marex news, new pms manuals, 4 languages

ISS Amateur Radio Status: January 7, 2003

New ISS Packet Operations Manuals
ISS crew too busy for Packet

By Miles Mann WF1F,

New Packet manuals posted (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian):

In an effort to keep the world information on ISS Ham operations, I will
periodically update the ISS Packet Operations Manuals and then post the
new version on the web.
A new set of manuals has been posted on the web as of January 7, 2003.
The only real change in the manuals was the call sign of the mail box on
ISS, which was changed from RS0ISS to RS0ISS-1.

Special thanks to Claudio Irate IK1SLD and João Condeço, CT2HPM for
converting the English HTML version into great looking PDF manuals in 4
different languages.

The new manuals have moved to a new link under the MAREX web page.
Please update your book marks.

http://www.marex-na.org/fileshtml/howtouseiss.html

Need more languages:
It would be helpful to convert the ISS Packet Operations Manuals into a
few more languages.  If you have the expertise in this area, please
contact Miles at wf1f@amsat.org.
We are looking for translations into: Russian, French and Japanese

ISS crew too busy for Packet:
Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) International
Chairman
Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, has requested that amateurs refrain from sending
e-mail to the ISS crew via the onboard RS0ISS Personal Message System
(PMS). "The crew is not answering the e-mail, and we really don't expect
them to." he said. "If things change, we'll let you know." Reports have
indicated that the ISS packet mailbox is filling up with unread
messages,
many of them greetings to the crew or holiday greetings.

Current  ISS crew #6:

ISS Expedition 6 crew:
Kenneth Bowersox KD5JBP
Nikolai Budarin RV3FB
Donald Pettit KD5MDT
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/crew/exp6/index.html

STS-114
I am expecting good things from this Mission.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/archives/sts-114/index.html

www.marex-na.org

Copyright 2003 Miles Mann, All Rights Reserved.  This document may be
freely
distributed via the following means - Email (including listservers),
Usenet,
and World-Wide-Web.  It may not be reproduced for profit including, but
not
limited to, CD ROMs, books, and/or other commercial outlets without
prior
written consent from the author.

Until we meet again

DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F