ISS Speaks! Don Pettit KD5MDT on voice New Years Day

Hi everyone
Don Pettit turned off the ISS packet started making random voice QSO's
during at 17:12 UTC over the US on New Years Day!
I was able to contact him using our club call "N4ISS" at 17:15 UTC after
he cleared with the first station (?)
I wished him a Happy New Year to him and the crew.
I spoke to him a minute later at 17:18 UTC, after no one returned his
many "CQ"s", I told him "N4ISS" was our club call, and my personal call
was "KD4SFF".
I told him he really made my New Year extra special by adding another
Holiday to my list of contacts with MIR/ISS!
I later heard him contact who I believe was "WF1F" Miles!
Good luck to all &
Happy New Year 2003
Al - KD4SFF
Experimenters Group ARC - N4ISS
ps - I'm in the January 2003 issue of QST on page 21 "UP FRONT IN QST"
behind and to the left of  Frank Culbertson and the scouts -
notice the satellite station in the background - 2 meter Cushcraft & 70
cm helix.