From: owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org]On Behalf Of
A10382
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 11:59
To: Larry Faehling; sarex@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [sarex] Shuttle landing delay

Hi Larry,

It would certainly make for some additional and very interesting contacts.

However, I would imagine that the normally short return trip from the ISS is
too hectic for much hobby com.

And... everything carried has to have fuel carried for it.  I had thought I
read that it's something like 10,000 pounds of fuel for every pound of
payload.  If that's the ratio, then it might cost NASA upwards of $20,000 to
carry a one pound HT and an 8oz antenna to orbit.. $$-ouch-ouch-$$.

Frank

 ._._.