(Fwd) Expedition 6 Crew on Ham Radio

Although many of you are not in the Houston area to be able to talk with the
astronauts I thought you might find this of interest.
73...bruce

From:           	"Nick Lance" <nlance@hal-pc.org>
To:             	"CLARC" <clarc@clarc.org>
Subject:        	[CLARC] Expedition 6 Crew on Ham Radio
Date sent:      	Sun, 3 Nov 2002 22:57:19 -0600

Beginning at 10 PM Monday, November 4 for about 4 days, the Expedition 6
crew will be in quarantine at JSC before heading off to Florida for their
flight to replace the space station crew.  We set up a ham radio at their
quarantine facility so that they can get some practice talking on the radio.
Depending on how much free time they have, they may get on the JSC repeater and
want to talk to other hams.  So if you would like to keep them company, and if
you have a radio, you might like to keep in on in the background and listen for
them on the 146.64 MHz.

Let me know if you get a chance to talk to the crews.  They are

Ken Bowersox    KD5JBP
Don Pettt            KD5MDT
Nikolai Budarin

Nick Lance
281-488-6534

Bruce Paige, KK5DO
AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager
Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0200z on W0KIE AMC-7, T5, 7.5Mhz