Crosspostings

Scott,

I don't totally understand your comments, but let me respond to what I
think are your concerns.

The ARISS team is working with the PCSAT team and the NASA and Energia
teams to make the joint testing successful.  No one on the team (ISS Crew,
PCSAT, ARISS, NASA, Energia, AMSAT, ARRL, etc.) wants to hide this
information from the amateur community.

Like Bob, I have been burned in the past by SAREX/AMSAT-bb
crosspostings.  I tried to alert people of an impending ISS EVA, which I
thought many of the AMSAT members would like to hear about.  This too was
not posted because of this cross posting philosophy.

I do believe that Paul, in the past, has gotten a lot of complaints about
crosspostings and that is why he implemented the philosophy that now
exists.  I think that Paul is doing a great job in keeping a lot of SPAM
out of the reflectors as well as volunteering his  time to keep these
reflectors active.  They are a great resource.

My personal opinion is that the no crossposting philosophy, at times, burns
the amateur community that needs and wants the information. It has burned
me a couple of times and it has burned Bob.  Personally, I wish that some
crossposting is appropriate and should be allowed to continue.  But I am
just one member of the AMSAT community.

Frank Bauer, KA3HDO

Message: 1