Msg from ISS, Call Change and aprs test

ISS Amateur Radio Status: October 8, 2002

ISS Packet System changes call sign for Mail box
ISS to Change Frequency for APRS test.
Mail from Commander Valery Korzun on ISS
Shuttle Launched

By Miles Mann WF1F,

MAREX-NA News

Manned Amateur Radio Experiment, North American Division

ISS Packet System changes call sign for Mail box and APRS test.

Today new parameters were loaded in to the PMS as part of a planed
procedure.  The call sign of the PMS mail box has changed from RS0ISS to
RS0ISS-1  (rs ZERO iss dash ONE).  The old call RS0ISS is not being
used.  If you connect to the RS0ISS port, all of you data will go into
the giant bit bucket in the sky.

Commander Valery also posted two packet mail messages about the upcoming
shuttle docking and the APRS test later this week.
The frequency of ISS will also change for a short time to 145.825
SIMPLEX for all packet operations.   I have attached a copy of Bob
Bruninga's memo regarding the APRS test.

Mail from Commander Valery Korzun on ISS: