Re:FRAUDULENT POSTING- WEST COAST PACKET ACTIVITY

FYI -FRAUDULENT POSTING on 10/2/02-

The 10/2/02 Posting RE: West Coast Packet Activty by
GREG6FZH@rs-components.com (with the old data etc.)  IS ABSOLUTELY NOT from
Greg Greenwood WB6FZH ...  greg6fzh@aol.com

I was suprised to see it, I hope the attatchement does not have a viris or
something bad in it.I guess it is easy to do this sort of thing now..I
suggest everyone delete that e-mail/file just in case.

I HAVE NOT POSTED "West Coast Packet Activity" RECENTLY-  mostly because the
original utility for providing the information has changed through time.

I know that it was useful to me see the full collection of packets from time
to time in this and other areas. Many stations send manual or automated lists
of stations heard during passes now too.

Currently, I have been experimenting with duplicate digi stations (PK232
TNCs) with different antenna types (eggbeater & Jpole) that simultaneously
collect data from the same pass with very different results depending on
where in the sky ISS was.. The amount of data captured varies as much as 30%
sometimes and with the mountains around me, it is sometimes suprising which
works better.

Scott WA6LIE is also posting similar "activity" information from time to time
from his location a few hundred miles South of my CN80 QTH.

73- Greg Greenwood WB6FZH

http://members.aol.com/greg6fzh/
http://www.trinitycam.com