Re: marex news, iss voice 9/29/2002

Hello again Miles:

To answer you question: I haven't had any problems with so-called radio
pirates, only of more  powerful 50Watt packet bursts ! There are few that are
aware of the packet station up there and have made contact and appear on the
ariss.net; also I,ve seen packets from the US, Colombia and Cuba (yes,
interesting. . .).

Last week I also worked the PCSAT 30 minutes after an ISS pass and my signal
did reach. sent some lines and did appear on the pcsat.aprs.org page. . .  on
the first try!

Also I'm planning to write my story to the local Amateur newsletter; and who
knows maybe in the future to QST or CQ. . . . . . . .

..... and to think that 6 hours before I contacted another russian at the
bottom of the world: R1ANZ on 17 meters.

Til next time,

Angel WP3GW

P.S. making the QSO with the handy puts me in the QRP panorama, right?