From: owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org]On Behalf Of
Claudio Ariotti
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:19 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org; sarex@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [sarex] ISS Voice contact over Argentina

Hi from Argentina,

during my stay here in Argentina for my holiday (my wife is Argentinian),
I had opportunity to talk with Valery Korzun RS0ISS.

Valery was very busy during these last three weeks because two EVA and
other works causing that he had not a lot of free time.

Valery tell me that he was very interested to try a contact over this
emisphere to test how many stations are ready to talk with ISS.
Finally sunday I had way to schedule a contact with Valery for the monday
August 26 at 23:00 UTC. During latest three weeks the passes over South
America were at 01:00 UTC and in the night while Valery was sleeping.

On  monday evening just before Valery going to sleep I talked with him
using my Kenwood TH-D7 with 2.5 watts and an arrow antenna (3 elements).
I was pointing ISS directly seeing the Space Station in the sky. The time
here was 20:00.

Before and after my contact I had possibility to hear Valery having
several contacts with Amateur Radio Operators in Argentina and South
America and I hope that Valery will try again to schedule voice contact
in this emisphere.

Today I arrived in Buenos Aires and this evening ,August 28, there will
be a good pass over at 90 degrees. I will try with my Kenwwood and Arrow
but I don't know if Valery will be available this evening.

During next days the passes over Argentina will be late in the afternoon
and maybe Valery will try some contacts considering the UTC time onboard
ISS.

   73 and good contacts from LU/IK1SLD Claudio