Ham ISS working conditions

Hello,

yesterday I received a Valery's message from ISS regarding Ham station
onboard.
I asked him about packet radio activation and future of SSTV and he sent me
these few lines from Space.

*** CONNECTED With Station RS0ISS
Logged on to RS0ISS's Personal Message System
on board the International Space Station

You have mail waiting.

Msg # Stat  Date     Time  To     From   @ BBS  Subject
 1253 PR    02/07/30 13:11 IK1SLD RS0ISS        HAM ISS

CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SB/SP/ST/SR/V/?)>
r 1253
Stat   : PR
Subject: HAM ISS

BONJIORNO CLAUDIO! I USE THINKPAD OF LAST TAXI CREW TO READ AND SEND
MESSAGES. I INSTOLLED WINPAC AND USE THIS PROGRAMM. THERE ARE 2 ANTENNAS WA4
ON THE SERVISE MODULE. WE WILL INSTALL TWO MORE AND THEY GOING TO HAVE TWO
COMPLECT HAM RADIO. I THINK THE EQUIPMENT CAN PROVIDE SSTV JUST WE NEED
INSTALL NEW PROGRAMM IN COMPUTER. WE USE VHF TRANSCEIVER ERICSOON M-PA AND
SAREX-ISS PACKET MODULE.
    73.VALERY.

CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SB/SP/ST/SR/V/?)>

Maybe next year we'll can receive images from Space :) but it's very
important to have Amateur Radio Operator as VALERY onboard.
The Commander is spending all the free time to talk with us and to read and
reply the messages on the active BBS.

   73 IK1SLD Claudio

www.spaceonline.tv
www.ik1sld.org