Re: SAREX-digest V2002 #151

All,

Yes,  there are over 800 messages on the ISS BBS.

The ARISS team (not NASA) have discouraged the use of the BBS because of
the bandwidth required to use it.  The BBS is a one person at a time
operation, not too efficient when you have hundreds of hams looking over
your shoulder watching you send your message while they are waiting for
their turn.  Given the  fact that messages can be more efficiently sent
using unproto, we are encouraging the use of this method over the BBS.

So, is the BBS open for business?  It has always been there but the ARISS
and APRS teams have discouraged their use.

73,  Frank