Re: ISS Field Day Classification and a few questions...

>> ARRL Section for space = SPA
>
> Perhaps "ET" might be a good choice ? ;)
> Extra Terrestrial   (Echo Tango ???)
>
> JAT - 73,
>            Bruce

Before we devolve completely into OT silliness .. ;-) .. this ties into
a sort of unrelated question that's always been in my mind about what
callsign prefix manned operations on the moon or Mars should use.
(Putting aside the question of how practical Earth-Mars ham
communications will or won't be..)  It's not an entirely academic
question, because it comes up in a book I'm writing -- for now, I've
picked ZZ9 for want of a better one -- but I think at some point there
will be a need for it, and it's better to think things out beforehand
than to hack and kludge them after the fact ..

-Bruce, someday hoping to sign ZZ9/N5VB

"Go ahead and do it, you can apologize later." -- RADM Grace Hopper,
1906-1992
"The sunset is an illusion, but the beauty is real." -- Richard Bach