Field Day Classifications for 'SPACE' vehicles.

Hi Dino,

Time for someone (ARRL/AMSAT cooperative effort?) to take the lead and
classify potential amateur activities for the next likely amateur space
operating environments:

    Manned and unmanned operations on the moon
    Orbiting the moon (set an altitude for 'lunar' Vs 'orbiting Lunar')
    Manned space vehicle(s) NOT in orbit (i.e.; enroute to/from Mars or
Earth's moon)
    Mars (orbiting and on the surface)

It IS about time to create 'regions' for both the Moon and the
non-Earth-orbiting vehicles.  People have operated radio communications
to/from the moon and near space, and amateurs are certainly be capable of
communicating with them.

If you think of the last moon landing, the manned vehicle orbiting around
the moon could currently be classified as a 'lunar terrestrial repeater' as
it was less than 50 miles from the surface.  The 'Eagle' would not be a
'space' station while on the moon, but a true 'terrestrial lunar satellite
station' (moons themselves are classified as 'satellites).

73
Frank - A01382, ARRL# 1000124411

 ._._.