Re: STS-111 LANDING ABORTED AGAIN (question)

Besides, there is probably an endangered KNAT or some No-See-Um that would
be destroyed if there were additional launch facilities at Vandenberg.  We
wouldn't want to upset the tree hugging, bug saving, democrat voting, don't
drill in Alaska preaching, citizens here in California.... :-)

I was at the landing of the first Space Shuttle Mission AFTER the
Challenger Accident.  There was a HUGE crowd out there to see it land.  For
no other reason than PR (and to possibly train the workers), they should
land in CA at least once a year!  I'm sure a BUNCH of people would turn out
to see it!

Dino...k6rix@arrl.net