Re: STS-111 LANDING ABORTED AGAIN (question)

This seems strange to me...
I live just to the North of Oakland CA, and the weather
here has been Beautiful for the last week, if not just
a little on the hot side. Is it REALLY that much different
at Edwards AFB that the 'forcasters would have to be looking'
for "improving weather" there ?

Today (06/18/2002 - Tuesday) is yet ANOTHER clear day here!
Surely much better than KSC, esp if there's RAIN there :)

I know the 'desired' site is KSC because the families and
the media is there, but this makes the second wave-off now,
and I'm sure they could probably stay up a few more days
with the consumables they have OB, but what's wrong with
touching down in CA every so often ?!? (rhetorical question)

Bruce