Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule as of 2002-05-09 03:00 UTC

Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule as of 2002-05-09 03:00 UTC

The ARISS (a joint effort of AMSAT, the ARRL, NASA, the ARISS international
partners including Canada, Russia, the European Partners, and Japan)
operations team wishes to announce the following very tentative schedule for
ARISS school contacts.  This schedule is very fluid and may change at the
last minute.  Remember that amateur radio use on the ISS is considered
secondary.  Please check the various AMSAT and ARISS webpages for the latest
announcements.  Changes from the last announcement are noted with (***).
Also, please check MSNBC.com for possible live retransmissions
(http://www.msnbc.com/m/lv/default.asp).  Listen for the ISS on the downlink
of 145.80 MHz.

ISS Expedition 4 hams:
Yuri Onufrienko RK3DUO
Carl Walz KC5TIE
Dan Bursch KD5PNU

Hambright Elementary School Lancaster, PA, USA direct via WB3FQY
Thursday 2002-05-09 15:22 UTC
Good Luck Hambright and Dan KD5PNU
Contact is scheduled for MSNBC.com coverage (***)

Bordertown Primary School, Bordertown, South Australia, Australia
1st choice 2002-05-14 11:06 UTC via ZS6BTD (***)
2nd choice 2002-05-21 08:28 UTC via WH6PN  (***)

Hambright and Bordertown are scheduled to be the last Expedition 4
schools.(***)

ARISS school contacts will be off-limits from 2002-5-26 to 2002-06-23 per
NASA planners

Center for Educational Technologies, Wheeling Jesuit University, Wheeling, WV
direct via WK8T
Week of 2002-06-24 or 2002-07-01 TBD

Progymnasium Rosenfeld (Rosenfeld High School), D-72348, Rosenfeld, Germany,
direct via DG3GBQ
Week of 2002-07-01 TBD

Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum, Chicago, Illinois direct via AJ9N
Week of 2002-08-12 TBD

Travis Elementary, Greenville, Texas
TBD (***)

KANSAI HAM FESTIVAL 2002, Hirakata, Japan direct via 8N3ISS
TBD (***)

*** New Feature***

The latest ARISS announcement and successful school list in now available on
the ARISS web site.  Several ways to get there.
http://ariss.gsfc.nasa.gov
click on English (sorry I don't know French)
you are now at http://www.rac.ca/ariss.htm
click on News

Currently the ARISS operations team has a list of over 40 schools that we
hope will be able to have a contact during 2002.   As the schedule becomes
more solidified, we will be letting everyone know.  Current plans call for an
average of one scheduled school contact per week.

73,
Charlie Sufana AJ9N
One of the ARISS operation team mentors