Re: Mark Shuttlesworth call sign?

All,

One other item on this.  You will probably hear Mark use the NA1SS or
RS0ISS callsigns to begin and end the contact.  These are the ISS
callsigns.  He is then allowed to say "RS RSA at the mike" if he wishes to.

73,  Frank

Miles,

Yes, Mark Shuttleworth got a special Temporary Honorary Amateur Radio
Station License.  It is an unusual call with no numbers associated with it.

The call is ZS RSA.  It was given to him on March 20, 2002.  I have a copy
of this license.

As many have seen, we will be doing 4 school group venues with some South
African school students and Mark.  These are expected to start on
Monday.  We are also working with Mark's team on some potential general
QSOs. There is nothing on the table yet, but probably will be after the
school contacts.

We will keep the community informed of any updates as we get them.

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO