Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule as of 2002-03-19 03:00 UTC

Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule as of 2002-03-19 03:00 UTC

The ARISS (a joint effort of AMSAT, the ARRL, NASA, the ARISS international
partners including Canada, Russia, the European Partners, and Japan)
operations team wishes to announce the following very tentative schedule for
ARISS school contacts.  This schedule is very fluid and may change at the
last minute.  Remember that amateur radio use on the ISS is considered
secondary.  Please check the various AMSAT and ARISS webpages for the latest
announcements.  Changes from the last announcement are noted with (***).
Also, please check MSNBC.com for possible live retransmissions
(http://www.msnbc.com/m/lv/default.asp).  Listen for the ISS on the downlink
of 145.80 MHz.

ISS Expedition 4 hams:
Yuri Onufrienko RK3DUO
Carl Walz KC5TIE
Dan Bursch KD5PNU

Zeehan Primary, Zeehan, Tasmania, Australia; direct via VK7KHZ
Wednesday 2002-03-20 08:27 UTC (***)
Carl Walz is the scheduled ISS operator (***)
Good Luck Zeehan (***)

St Thomas Episcopal School Nassau Bay, Texas
Thursday 2002-03-21 17:40 UTC telebridge  via WH6PN (***)
Dan Bursch is the schedule ISS operator (***)
Good Luck St. Thomas (***)

Quogue Union Free School District, New York, USA; direct via N2RBU
TBD
Audio via IRLP http://live365.com/stations/253404

Woodland Middle School, East Meadow, New York direct via KA2EJD
Week TBD

Caribbean Preparatory School San Juan, Puerto Rico
Week TBD

Shenandoah Elementary School, Florida, direct via KG4IZR
Week TBD

Lucee Jeanne D'Arc, France and Ecole Louis Pergaud, France
Week TBD

*** New Feature***

The latest ARISS announcement and successful school list in now available on
the ARISS web site.  Several ways to get there.
http://ariss.gsfc.nasa.gov
click on English (sorry I don't know French)
you are now at http://www.rac.ca/ariss.htm
click on Latest News
you are now at http://www.rac.ca/arisnews.htm

Currently the ARISS operations team has a list of over 40 schools that we
hope will be able to have a contact during 2002.   As the schedule becomes
more solidified, we will be letting everyone know.  Current plans call for an
average of one scheduled school contact per week.

73,
Charlie Sufana AJ9N
One of the ARISS operation team mentors