Re: Please Do Not Connect to ISS BBS courtesy of Babelfish

Using my limited ability to struggle through foreign languages I noticed
that the
babelfish translater translated the message as if it was:

Please Do Not Connect to the International BBS on the Space Station

rather than:

Please Do Not Connect to the BBS on the International Space Station

The only one that came through it more or less OK was the German translation
which seems to me to have preserved the ambiguity of the input phrase.

This has nothing much to do directly with Shuttle and ISS ham operations but
it says a lot about trying to carry out an international project.

Mike Bevan mailto:wa3nak@arrl.net