ISS Packet

Patrick,

The original plan was for the ARISS team to share a laptop since the crew
didn't need to be on the TNC 24/7.  We have never gotten access to a laptop
due to the primary activity demands.  Remember, we are a secondary activity
on ISS.  We have pushed this issue many times over the past year and have
made no progress.    We have had several meetings and discussions about
this with the space agency folks and we have reached the conclusion that we
need to have a dedicated laptop.  This becomes even more important as we
bring the SSTV project to fruition...a software-based system.

We are in the process of submitting a manifest request to get a dedicated
laptop on-board.  This will, unfortunately, take many months to occur.

I hope this explains the situation.  Not what I like, but we,
unfortunately, have to live with it for the time being.

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO