Re: RS0ISS and ARISS

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, jeff w griffin wrote:

> It is now! And I see that Tim N8DEU has his satgate up, so no need to run
> mine also, we don't need two on the Eastcoast.

Yes, we need both IGates for several reasons:

1) Each IGate is not guaranteed to hear every packet.  Thus if each has a
70% chance of good decode, then having two listening raises that to 90%

2) ONe is in Alabama, the other is in NJ.  Alabama can hear Cental america
and mexican stations, NJ can hear new england and Canadian stations..

We need more IGates... (in general)

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob