Re: RS0ISS and ARISS

On 2/23/02 3:43 PM jeff w griffin (kb2wqm@juno.com) wrote:

>It is now! And I see that Tim N8DEU has his satgate up, so no need to run
>mine also, we don't need two on the Eastcoast.

Actually, more is better. It is common to have fades on the downlink
resulting in missed packets. The more people listening and gating, the
less that chance that individual packets will get lost. The APRS Internet
System and findU have independent dup-checking mechanisms, so even a
hundred copies are no problem!

Steve K4HG