Re: RS0ISS and ARISS and PCsat

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Ray wrote:

> I see that some stations, though, are still trying to connect to the
> BBS.  ... all you are doing is clogging the frequency.  Instead, just...
> digipeat... through ISS as always, using RS0ISS instead of NOCALL.

Also, my understanding is that ARISS is the MYALIAS for the packet system
as well, so users may use that as their digipeat path too.

The advantage of this is that PCSAT also supports the digipeating alias of
ARISS as one of its APRS generic paths, so you will not have to
re-configure your TNC between operating via PCSAT or via ISS.  But since
PCsat does generic APRS callsign substitution like all APRS digipeaters,
your packet to PCsat going up VIA ARISS will come down via PCsat as via
PCSAT-1*.

See WEB pages below for details.

In any case, however, let me add that unattended operation on the ISS
uplink frequency is not welcome  just like connecting to the BBS and or
station calls are not welcome too..

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob