Re: I REMEMBER WHEN

Yes.....

I remember the "good old days"
Here is something of interest to all.
It could be this way, but I guess the internet on the ISS
is easier....

73, Scott

Old PMS Mailbox text follows:

*** CONNECTED to R0MIR-1 [05/24/98 22:25:52]
[KPC9612P-8.1-HM$]
75859 BYTES AVAILABLE
THERE ARE 72 MESSAGES NUMBERED 3110-3551
ENTER COMMAND:  B,J,K,L,R,S, or Help >
MSG#  ST SIZE  TO     FROM   DATE               SUBJECT
3550  B  440   R0MIR  VK5ZAI 05/25/98 07:53:29  Grape Contracts
3525  B  608   ALL    R0MIR  05/24/98 12:27:26  THANKS/BYE
3522  B  169   ALL    N6CO   05/24/98 11:03:02  2 Line MIR Keps 5-24 UTC
ENTER COMMAND:  B,J,K,L,R,S, or Help >
r 3525
MSG#3525 05/24/98 12:27:26 FROM R0MIR TO ALL
SUBJECT: THANKS/BYE
PATH: R0MIR

I AM ABOUT TO END MY TIME ON MIR AND I WANT TO THANK ALL THE HAM OPERATORS
AROUND THE WORLD WHO HAVE SENT MESSAGES. I HOPE IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THE
VOLUME OF TRAFFIC HAS MADE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSES IMPOSSIBLE BUT WE REALLY
ENJOY YOU MAIL. VOICE HAS BEEN VERY DIFFICULT PARTICULARLY OVER THE US AND
EUROPE.  TOO MANY TALKING AT ONCE. IN THE SHORT TIME I HAVE LEFT I WILL TRY
TO DO VOICE, BUT ASK THAT REPEAT CALLERS STAY OFF THE AIR SO THAT I CAN GIVE
NEW CALLERS A CHANCE FOR A CONTACT.   BEST WISHES TO ALL OF YOU.
ANDY THOMAS
P.S. REMEMBER, FOR QSL, CONTACT DAVE LARSEN ON N6CO IN CALIFORNIA.

ENTER COMMAND:  B,J,K,L,R,S, or Help >
*** DISCONNECTED [05/24/98 22:26:39]