Re: New Ham Radio Antenna Installed on ISS

I watched live via the Internet using the new Real One player.  I didn't
see any close up shots of the antenna.  It was amazing to hear the
astro/cosmo naughts breathing.  Also, it was pointed out that they "rest"
when in the dark to some extent.  This happens every 45 minutes and lasts
45 minutes.  This MUST be very stressful as I'm sure they want to get OUT
of those suits!  It was stressful for me to watch (while lounging in my
sweats with a Pepsi on the desk)!

The commentator did mention "Amateur Radio" and "Ham Radio" often.

Another interesting thing...I went to the Marex site
(http://www.marex-na.org/fileshtml/issaudiofiles.html) and listened to the
pre recorded broadcasts.  The relative ease that Miles had to communicate
makes me believe he was on a private channel or using other-than-amateur
radio communications.  I wish it was that easy for ME to get in!!

Heck, I only want to talk to them once (so everyone else gets a chance).  I
guess I will have to order the stacked 14 element beams from M2 and bid on
the M2 stacking kit on e-bay right now...:-)

73!  Great Job!  CQ 20-meters NA1SS!