Re: ARISS contact successful with Newfoundland MarconiCeremony

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 AJ9N@aol.com wrote:

> Contact was established approximately 6:30 before the calculated LOS
> and was lost at about 2:30 before calculated LOS.  It is my guess that
> as the shuttle was attached to the ISS, that the contact duration time
> may have been decreased due to some blockage.

Yep, Marconi's Signal Hill which blocked the last 10 degrees.  But with
winds up there at 80km and gusting to 110 and a wind chill of -25 deg, we
abandoned that approach  and set up in the visitors center (and accepted
the loss of the last 10 degrees)..

de WB4APR, Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob