Marex news, Aug 31, 2001

ISS Amateur Radio Status: August 31, 2001

ISS and Mir QSL links
ISS Off the air, while crew unpacks
AO-40 SSTV images

By Miles Mann WF1F,
MAREX-NA News
Manned Amateur Radio Experiment, North American Division

Hi all:
It has been very quiet for the past few weeks.  I guess everyone is on
vacation.

ISS and Mir QSL links

I have updated the MAREX web page to include new links for both the Mir
and ISS QSL card pages.
http://www.marex-na.org/

ISS Off the air, while crew unpacks

The ISS packet station has been off the air for the past few weeks.
The Expedition Three crew of the space station consists of astronaut
commander Frank Culbertson, Cosmonaut Vladimir Dezhurov, Cosmonaut
Mikhail Tyurin (his first space mission).  When I asked Moscow about
this crews experience with Amateur radio activities, I was told that
Mikhail is a very experienced amateur radio operator and we should
expect to hear from him during this mission.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/

AO-40 SSTV images
The MAREX team has been testing the new SpaceCam1 SSTV software via the
AO-40 satellite.  Check out the MAREX web page for some of the SSTV
images which have traveled over 60 - 80,000 miles

73 Miles WF1F MAREX-NA

www.marex-na.org

Copyright 2001 Miles Mann, All Rights Reserved.  This document may be
freely
distributed via the following means - Email (including listservers),
Usenet,
and World-Wide-Web.  It may not be reproduced for profit including, but
not
limited to, CD ROMs, books, and/or other commercial outlets without
prior
written consent from the author.

Until we meet again

DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F