ARISS operations, after unpacking

Hi All
The iss crew is very busy, unpacking new supplies and
packing up trash.

The Expedition Three crew of the space station consists of astronaut
commander Frank Culbertson, Cosmonaut Vladimir Dezhurov, Cosmonaut
Mikhail Tyurin (his first space mission).  When I asked Moscow about
this crews experience with Amateur radio activities, I was told that
Mikhail is a very experienced amateur radio operator and we should
expect to hear from him during this mission.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/

Try to visualize your spouse coming home last week with
5 mini vans full of supplies, the Shuttle (with the back seats removed).
Then your spouse came home again this week with another
5 mini vans full of supplies too (Progress cargo truck).
Your house is a typical 4 bed room house (no basement).
And it is now your job, your spouses job and your sons
job to properly unload all of the groceries and
put them away before they spoil.

And some where in one of those bags is your new
ham radio TNC.  We'll of course your spouse says
food first, hobbies later.

To make it more complex, your pantry is full and you
have to stuff the supplies into the dining room, bed rooms, living
rooms,
etc.
And you need to find a place for all of the packing material.
You just cant toss the trash bags out side for the
recycle truck.  You must put the trash back into the
5 mini vans (after they are empty)

So the iss crew has temporally more important things to do
than play radio.
I am sure that when the important work is done, the
amateur radio experiments will be reactivated.

73 Miles

www.marex-na.org