RE: 9600 via soundcard

The short version, yes and yes. :)
The long version,
to recieve 9600 baud you need a fm reciever with a discriminator output,
directly from the demodulator before the de-emphasing etc.
as for software, you can go for agw-packet engine for windows, flexnet for
dos/windows or linux.
All options function just as wel for telemetry reception but flexnet and
linux might be a bit of an overkill just for telemetry because they can do
mutch more (flexnet can route anything in a ax25 frame from one place to
another and linux, heck its a complete os what need i say more)

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands
mailto:pe1rdw@aprsnl.org