SSTV via A040

Hi all, fyi.
The MAREX team is working a joint project with ARISS and other groups
to design a SSTV project for the Space station.
During some of our stress testing we have been using
the Satellite AO-40 as a repeater to bounce SSTV signals through.

When SSTV is activated from the ISS, signals will only need to travel
a maximum of 1500 miles.  By using Ao-40 we have been able to
test the sstv code via an 80,000 mile loop.
And the images have been very good.  Credit is also due to the
quality of the Ao-40 transponders, which do a good job in passing
audio, without adding any noticeable distortion.

for more info,
check out the marex web pages.