Re: Why do so many people send ISS packet listing?

Hi there,

Murray Peterson VK2KGM wrote:

>     Arthur Rowe has been providing this "feed back" service in North
> America, Berto ON1CAU has been providing a similar service in Europe and I
> have been doing the same in the Australian reigon.

I for one appreciate this service very much. Thanks to all of you who
take the time to post this information! It is very useful for me!

>     There are also APRS (automatic position reporting system) experiments
> being conducted based on digipeated packets from ISS. These experiments make
> use of text strings such as those generated by GPS units.

I do some APRS-QRP experiments and some antenna experiments every once
in a while. Oftentimes I don't hear my own packets digipeated and they
also don't get relayed to ariss.net every time. In addition to being
able to see if I was able to get in with a particular setup, these
emails also give me the opportunity to compare my logs with someone
else's so I can get some idea how well my station was receiving.

>     I would like to hear from others on the list if they like this volintary
> service or not.

I really like this service and I hope you'll be able to keep providing
this service.

73,
--Alex