Re: Why do so many people send ISS packet listing?

----- Original Message -----
From: Ray Webber <web@global.co.za>
To: Sarex (E-mail) <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 1:53 PM
Subject: [sarex] Why do so many people send ISS packet listing?

> Hi
>
> Just a question, so please excuse my ignorance.
>
> Why do so many people send ISS packet listings to the SAREX mailing list?

Simple realy - the sarex mailing list is for people interested in
communicating with manned space craft. As ISS is usually the only manned
space craft in orbit AND packet is the most used mode of communications, it
should be expected that packet related posts take up the bulk of the
emails.Those of us working ISS on packet scan through to see if any of our
packets made it through ISS. I for one regularly use this service provided
by an active group of amature operators worldwide. If sarex is "clogging up"
your inbox, I suggest you send "unsubscribe sarex" to Majordomo@amsat.org.

Regards Murray (VK7ZMS)