RE: Why do so many people send ISS packet listing?

> Van:	Ray Webber [mailto:web@global.co.za]
>
> Hi
>
> Just a question, so please excuse my ignorance.
>
> Why do so many people send ISS packet listings to the SAREX
> mailing list?  I
> haven't personally "worked" the ISS on packet, if that's what
> the NOCALL
> thing is, so may well be missing something important in this regard.
> However, as I see it, all one gets is lots and lots of mails
> which list
> station callsigns, dates, times, etc.  Is there a real reason
> for this,
> other than simply to indicate which parts of the globe the
> ISS packet system
> was working over, and is it useful to most SAREX mailing list users?
>
> I, for one, find that they just clog up my mailbox.
>
> As I mentioned above, I'm ignorant on this stuff, and it may
> well be very
> useful to many SAREX subscribers.
>
> Regards/73
> Ray (ZS6RSW)

I for one find these listings very usefull.
It gives me an insight in what is happening around the world with iss.
you get to see diferent operating styles used in eg the us verses europe or
australia.
this is after all the mailing list for comunication with manned spacecraft
like iss

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands