Packet Terminal Program

Potentially simple question:

What are people using/recommending for a *simple* program
to control their tnc when working ISS?

I starting using the standard Windoze terminal emulator
program (HyperTerminal) which works but mixes trasmitted
and received text.  Then I tried WinPack V6.4, and it has
a split screen approach on tx & rx but is overkill for
the most part (lots of BBS-related features).

Also, it would be nice to be able to timestamp the packets
with the software as my very-basic tnc does not have
timestamp :-(

TIA,
Bob KB0CY

http://www.rwitte.com