TNX Susan & ARISS Team!!!

Tnx for the Historic and unforgettable Field Day - Certainly a First for
the ISS
Does anyone know if another astronaut/cosmonaut has participated in the
past on FD?
Susan sure is a dedicated ham, working the pileups through all of FD -
UNBELIEVABLE!
She certainly needs to be commended for what she has accomplished!

I set up a satellite station for the BRARS (Blue Ridge Amateur Radio
Society) Field Day site in Travelers Rest SC at the old 1924 Locust Hill
Grade School.  I was using the Field Day call K4CLT/ A3 SC
http://www.brars.org/

On Saturday Fox 21 TV used my satellite station as a back drop for their
interview.  They especially liked the 13 turn HB helix antenna which they
zoomed in on.  It was mounted on a cross boom along with a Cushcraft
satellite antenna.

Sunday I had 3 successful AO-10 QSO's with K9KM, K4BFT & W2LV
AO-27 & UO-14 were just pile ups - but we listened

We all enjoyed listening to Susan Helms operating NA1SS during Field Day!

Then Sunday, at 1701 UTC on a 70 max elevation pass, Gretchen Ellison,
KE4HGX, using the call K4CLT worked Susan at 20 degrees!  This certainly
made my AMSAT operation the hit of Field Day for the BRARS club!

Tnx agn & 73
Al Lark - KD4SFF
AMSAT Area Coordinator - SC
kd4sff@amsat.org