Susan Helms & Field Day ON Voice 16:30 UTC

Hi All:

I just talked to Susan Helms on ISS today (june 32, 16:30 UTC).
She was interested in the rules and exchange for the upcoming Field Day
contest
here in the USA.  I explained the basic rules and exchange.  She then
made
a dozen practice FD contacts over the eastern USA.

She will say something similar to:
NA1SS 1A (maritime mobile , the FD rules to not have a category for
Manned Satellite operations)
Her country of origin is Russia.
So you should log it as a Russian Maritime Mobile or Russian Airanotical
Mobile.
Technically after checking the rules she should really be a 1C to expect
a possible change from 1A to 1C.

Someone said, contacts with ISS do not count.  I can not find that in
the rules any where.
Maritime mobiles do count.
If you do make a 2-way voice contact, then you will get 1 point.
If this is your first satellite contact during FD, then you get a 100
point bonus for a total
of 101 points.

PACKET:
The rules for packet are a little different for satellites, please read
them carefully.
If the packet DIGI is on, then you will be contacting other hams via the
unproto mode.
for tips on unproto
www.marex-na.org

Packet contacts are 2 points

Please be courteous and wait for Susan to call CQ!
Then just say your call sign ONCE and only ONCE!
Then Wait for here to respond to a station or call CQ!
Do not transmit again unless you hear your call or CQ!

QRP:
QRP stations, I am sorry to say, pleases skip ISS this weekend.
The noise levels will be too high.  Only high power stations
will have much of a chance on voice.  Sorry.

Frequencies:
See Franks memo below