Fwd: NASA JSC Release J01-61

As you may recall, Brian N5WQW, was a major supporter during
his missions (and more) during the SAREX program.  Those who
can, please wish him well.  Include a "Happy Birthday" to
him for this Wednesday June 20 too, celebrating his 48th!

Enjoy NASA release forwarded below.

73 de Pat N8PK

>Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:21:34 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: NASA JSC Release J01-61
>From: info@jsc.nasa.gov
>To: hsfnews@vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov

>[IMAGE]
>
>June 13, 2001
>Doug Peterson
>Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX
>281/483-5111
>
>Release: J01-61
>

>VETERAN SHUTTLE COMMANDER RETIRES
>

>Astronaut Brian Duffy (Col., USAF), a veteran of four Shuttle flights,
>has retired from the astronaut corps to accept a senior management
>position in the private sector space industry. Duffy will retire from
>the U.S. Air Force at the end of June.
>
>"Brian, in his time here at NASA, made tremendous contributions to our
>programs, both as an astronaut and as a senior manager," said Director
>of Flight Crew Operations, Jim Wetherbee. "We are sorry to see him go,
>but wish him the best in his new endeavors and are fortunate he'll be
>working still in the space program."
>
>In his most recent mission, STS-92 in October 2000, Duffy commanded a
>crew that continued assembly of the International Space Station by
>attaching the Z1 Truss and a pressurized mating adapter to the vehicle.
>Previously, Duffy commanded STS-72 in 1996 and served as pilot in his
>first two missions, STS-45 in 1992 and STS-57 in 1993. He logged more
>than 40 days in space.
>
>Duffy, looking forward to his new role in support of the space program,
>said, "I've been honored to have been a part of the NASA/JSC team for
>the last sixteen years. I've learned that the success of the program is
>a direct result of the people who dedicate themselves to safely flying
>missions. They make the very difficult look very easy."
>
>For complete biographical information on Duffy , or any astronaut, see
>the NASA Internet biography homepage at URL:
>http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/
>
>-END-
>
>-end-
>
>NASA Johnson Space Center news releases and other information are
>available automatically by sending an Internet electronic mail message
>to majordomo@listserver.jsc.nasa.gov . In the body of the message (not
>the subject line) users should type "subscribe hsfnews" (no quotes).
>This will add the email address that sent the subscibe message to the
>news release distribution list. The system will reply with a
>confirmation via E-mail of each subscription. Once you have subscribed
>you will receive future news releases via e-mail.

Patrick L. Kilroy                                                WK
Integration & Test Lead Engineer  PHONE:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  FAX:    301-286-1673
Building 5, Mail Code 568         E-MAIL: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        WEB:    http://simsat.gsfc.nasa.gov