Re: Configure TNC for ISS chat Room

On 3 Jun 2001, at 9:16, Miles wrote:

> Here is a partial list of parameter I commonly use for Kantronics
> TNC's (KPC-3 and KPC-9612), your actual parameters may vary:
>
> AXDELAY			10 [100 milliseconds]
> AUTOCR			OFF
> BEACON			OFF
> LFADD			OFF
> MAXFRAME		4
> MCON	 		ON
> MCOM			ON
> MONITOR 			ON
> PACLEN			72
> PASSALL			ON
> PERSIST			63
> RETRY			8-10
> SLOT				10 [100 milliseconds]
> TIME STAMP		ON
> TXDELAY			20 [200 milliseconds]
> Unproto			CQ V R0ISS

Hi all,

I would add just one more that I can think of for Kantronics TNC's...
thats the MALL command (for MONITOR ALL).  If set to ON, this
allows monitoring of connected data between other stations.

So although "connected" activity is discouraged right now, you still
want to see everything that is going on.  Once the ISS TNC is
programmed with a callsign, people will be connecting to the ISS
mailbox and leaving messages for the crew... so I think everyone
will want to watch for this activity.

Great info Miles... thanks!

73 de Stan/W4SV