ISS packet educaiton

Hi Tim and all:

Education is the best approach to solving most of the QRM issues with
ISS Packet.

I routinely pass out information via the ISS packet
system for beginners, containing information such as:
a. Uplink frequency 145.990
b. Web page with tips, www.marex-na.org
c. HF frequency for meeting after the pass.

HF:
When i am able to work HF, after a pass i usually
send out a frequency ("Lets meet HF after pass 7.xxx" band and time
dependent).
90% of the time, I will meet 2-3 people on HF after and pass
of ISS and most of the time, there is at least one beginner who has not
been able to see his own packet.  However the beginner was able to see
my down link from the ISS chatroom/Digi.

It is during these HF meetings that we will usually discuss the
issues and try to get the beginners problem resolved.

I would suggest that others try similar ways of welcoming and teaching
beginners how to use the ISS Digi.

If the beginners do not have a HF license, we'll just take another test.
The tests cant get any simpler and second hand rigs are very cheap.

73 Miles
wf1f
www.marex-na.org