Re: UO-14 , FO-29, FO-20, QRM via ISS

 > Maggie wrote:
 >
 > So...I think there *is* a problem here, and it's a problem that may not
 > be completely mitigated much by moving the uplink frequency--I'm not
 > sure how many of these new ops are going to get the word if the ISS does
 > QSY.

The best way is to distribute the information is in the beacon on the
145.800 MHz downlink.  We should not be transmitting if we do not
hear it.  When we hear it, it should contain the uplink channel in the
beacon information.  Of course, this assumes (ouch!) that the TNC
on ISS can be programmed with the information.  The optimal  place
to spread the word is from space.  Then, we do not have to wait
several months for all the magazines and news articles to spread the
word.

A TNC with remote management capabilities on ISS would facilitate
making these changes much faster since the crew is busy with more
important activities.

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama