Re: UO-14 , FO-29, FO-20, QRM via ISS

This message is intended for educational purposes in relation
to issues with ISS packet uplink operation on 145.99 MHz.

The number of satellites impacted by ISS packet uplink operation
on 145.99 MHz is growing.  I counted about 8 satellites after giving
it some thought.

It appears all the packet uplink activity targeted for ISS has a much
broader impact than realized.  The 145.825 through 146.00 MHz
spectrum provides satellite uplink and downlink activity that affects
various satellites in different ways from interference to possibly
affecting the hardware of a few satellites.

The satellite problems will not likely go away anytime soon unless
the ISS packet uplink frequency is changed outside the 145.825
through 146.00 MHz spectrum.  That is not an easy task.  You could
probably educate all concerned about unattended operation, but the
problem would likely remain.  My immediate concern is for the well
being of FO-20 and FO-29 at the moment with the activity on
145.99 MHz, because it could be affecting the battery health of these
2 very fine satellites.  Can anybody address this scenario with some
definitive information?

Satellites impacted by the ISS packet uplink on 145.975 MHz:

RS-13 uplink on 145.96 - 146.00
UO-14 uplink on 145.975

FO-20 uplink on 145.90 - 146.00
UO-22  uplink on 145.90, 145.975
KO-25 uplink on 145.875, 145.98
FO-29 uplink on 145.90 - 146.00

(marginal impact on the following if any)
AO-16  uplink on 145.90, 145.92, 145.94, 145.96
UO-36 uplink on 145.96

Other satellites operating in the 145.80 to 146.00 MHz range:

AO-10 downlink on 145.825 - 145.975
UO-11  downlink on 145.825
KO-23 uplink on 145.85, 145.90
TO-31 uplink on 145.925

(the following 3 are not currently operational for uplinking)
WO-18 uplink on 145.90
LO-19  uplink on 145.84, 145.86, 145.88, 145.90
IO-26  uplink on 145.875, 145.90, 145.925, 145.95

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama