Re: UO-14 , FO-29, FO-20, QRM via ISS

Hi all,

I know that Frank Bauer struggles with these frequency assignments... its a
tough thing to do.  But if we're going to recommend changes... what about
145.80 simplex?  For voice and packet!  We might have to endure more
"local" QRM, but at least our TNC timing parameters might have a little
benefit in our local crowds using simplex and slightly reduce collisions.

Then only one frequency is used instead of three (four including Europe's
assignment).  And we wouldn't be QRM'ing persons unknown on our uplinks
anymore.  Seems efficient to me.  I thought simplex worked fine for Mir.

So... what are the advantages of duplex?  And are they worth it?

73 de Stan/W4SV