Re: UO-14 & AO-27

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Bruce Paige wrote:

> the main problem is when a ham leaves his packet station on 24 hours a day
> to try and connect to the iss. this is very discourteous...<SNIP>
> they should really set the beacon to only transmit after hearing a good packet.
>
> correct:    beacon every 0 after 1
> incorrect: beacon every 1 after 0

I would go one step further and say that unattended packet transmissions
of any kind via ISS are not desired.  The above settings would still
result in unattended QRM as  high as every 20 seconds(from some TNC's).
(I think 20 such TNC's left in this mode would saturate the ISS on every
pass)

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html