Re: Minor issue with packet uplink on 145.990

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Alan Leech wrote:

> have up north. One frame digi'd per pass with 20w into a slimjim 15ft
> above dirt is considered good, if I use the 8el Yagi I might get two or
> three per pass.

Of course, whatever the problem is, it is variable.  Because we have lots
of people that have gotten in with 5w and a whip on their HT's.  Not
reliably, of course, but they have made it.  THus the theory of variable
QRM seems to be the only one that fits the data.  (This does not exclude
QRM locally generate on the ISS either)...

Bob