Re: Minor issue with packet uplink on 145.990

On Sat, 26 May 2001 20:45:15 -0400, Miles <wf1f@mediaone.net> wrote:

> One of the minor issues with QRM on the ISS
> packet uplink on 145.990, is the repeater input
> on 146.010.

> There is a Repeater pair on 146.010 input with
> output on 146.610 (in the USA)

Hi Miles,

That may apply in the US, but here in VK/ZL the nearest repeater input
is 30KHz away at 146.025! Yet we have the same problems that you guys
have up north. One frame digi'd per pass with 20w into a slimjim 15ft
above dirt is considered good, if I use the 8el Yagi I might get two or
three per pass. I reckon that the explanation regarding a short TXDelay
on ISS, may be the answer. Many of us dont hear, or see, our own frames
digi'd, but others do.

73 de Alan
     | Packet: ZL2VAL@ZL2AB.#46.NZL.OC      APRS: =3903.39S/17406.40E] |
     | E-mail: alanwl@infogen,net.nz  Snail mail: http://www.qrz.com   |

  - Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a
    garage makes you a mechanic.

Cheers,
       Alan. (ZL2VAL)

NOTE: Please amend my entry in your address book to:
~~~~~
                 Alan Leech <alanwl@infogen.net.nz>
-- Arachne V1.67, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/