Re: ISS UPLINK Monitoring Techniques...

In otherwords............

ISS hears more than you could imagine.
For packet/digital communications, as has to be deciphered, and some make
it.. and some don't

The squelch on the ISS Motorola HT can NOT be changed, and is considered
"tight".

Therefore, some low power stations 5 watts or less, may not even be heard
unless conditions on RX and TX side ore optimum.

On MIR Simplex was used, (145.985) and seemed to be easier and not a problem
with other satellites.
(not to mention an odd offset not capable on older radios. 145.800/145.990
on SAREX)

Well that was MIR, and we learned a lot of lessons to apply to ISS, but
seems that SAREX protocols are applied here.

I guess it goes back to the old saying..
KISS!

I even apply that on field Day!

There is no answer, just history to represent its self.

73, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Scott