Re: ISS TEST... who was successful?

Stan Vandiver wrote:

> Sorry if this is a duplicate!
> On 24 May 2001, at 9:48, Margaret Leber wrote:
>> My original thought was that to "hear what the ISS hears" you'd
>> actually have to be on the ISS...
> I would be *MORE THAN HAPPY* to volunteer for this assignment!
> But could I please get a little help with the airfare?  I only need
> about $19,999,942.08 more to go!  ;-)

US$20M got you a ten day stay, we only need about 10 minutes time from
somebody who's already up there. And is it "airfare" because if you
don't pay up they cut off your air? It's certainly not because the
vehicle is airborne, unless you cound a possible return trip on a
Shuttle. Last I heard those seats were NFS though...

You know, when I was at down Goddard, I sat in that Gemini capsule in
the visitor's center wondering if I'd really would have had the guts to
ride in one. When I was a kid, I would have said *Sure*! But damn, those
things were small.

I don't even want to *think* about a Mercury.

A Shuttle seems like a cool thing though. Maybe I'm just a little
claustrophobic. I learned to fly in a C-152 , and that wasn't bad at
all. Go figure.

73 de Maggie K3XS