Re: ISS uplink monitoring

On 24 May 2001, at 10:27, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> I ask all SAREX operators to QSY their receivers to 145.990 while not
> operating the pass and to just keep an ear out for any possible
> sources of interference.  This should become a matter of routine.  We
> must protect our uplinks, and only WE can do it....

Yes, this is a very good idea.  I will try to get something going this
weekend on a mostly-permanent basis (some downtime for
thunderstorms, etc).  Might downgrade it later on to "spot checks"
though if there isn't enough going on to warrant constant vigil.
Might also swap monitoring to the voice uplink sometimes for same
concerns.

We also might learn who WE are interfering with in pursuit of the
ISS!  One of the drawbacks of split-frequency operations...

Good night all,

Stan/W4SV